Saturday, November 17, 2012

Snowman Quilt Card

I guess you could call me the Ultimate Crafter, because I do or have dabbled in just about all crafts.  This card combines my two favorite (at the moment).  Quilting and Card Making.  I was hopping around one day recently checking out other blogs and utube videos and I came across paper quilting.  I thought "duhhh" of course, that would work out great.  Quilting is mostly squares and triangles and paper punches come in squares, that can be cut in half for triangles.  Sooo I pulled out my handy dandy quilt pattern app, and decided to try out a pattern.  You just separate the block into squares, divide by the size of card you want to do and start punching.  I also put my squares through a Xyron first to make it easier to assemble.  It worked great.  I then added a snowman to the center and I think the result is really cool.  You will defiantly be seeing more quilted cards from me.  I hope you enjoy this one.


Supplies:

Paper: I just used scraps that I had
Stamps: Great Impressions Rubber Stamps Sentiment, Snowman from Stampin' Up Happy Holidays set
Dies: Spellbinders Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle
Accessories: Ribbon, pearls
Colored with Prisma Pencils



No comments:

Post a Comment