Thursday, November 8, 2012

Christmas Poinsettias



The card was really fun and different for me.  I usually design cards for classes so I can't usually add a lot of detail or embellishments, because I time.  But I am learning to have fun with these cards because I don't have to worry about the constraints of time.  So with this card I used the Spellbinders Layered Poinsettias, after I cut them out I ran them through again and embossed them an while they were still in the die I turned them over and painted Radiant Pearls Yellow right through the holes in the die.  That is how I got the color on the leaves.


The card is stamped with a Penny Black stamp called "You make me blush" and I colored or painted it with Radiant Pearls.  I love Radiant Pearls, too bad they don't make them anymore.  Enjoy!

This card was made for my enjoyment as well as the following Challenges:
Dynamic duos: DD #27
Card Makin' Mamas: Anything Goes!
Just Us Girls: Sketch Challenge #161

Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill Pomegranate, Patch
Dies: Spellbinders Layered Poinsettias, Standard Circles Small, Picot Circles
Punches: Martha Stewart Vintage Doily
Accessories: Pearls, Ribbon


5 comments:

  1. This card is so stinkin' cute! I love that little hedgehog image, but then my eyes can't get over how wonderful those flowers look. Every time I look at it, I find something else to adore! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little image and your coloring is great! It looks wonderful with all those neat die cuts. The gold shimmer on the poinsettias is an amazing detail, along with the pearl centers. Thanks for sharing this card at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those gorgeous poinsettias and what an adorable image! Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute image and I love those layered poinsettas! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - love those flowers!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete